April 7, 2014

aMAZEing


After some researching back and forth, I managed to get a draft for creating a maze, using a 2d-array. I designed this algorithm in Java, and plan on converting it to C# or Booscript when implementing it to Unity. The reason I chose Java, is because it is a robust and easy to work with platform, where I can test the algorithm without having external components messing up. Once I know the algorithm works, I can focus on porting it to our project in Unity, which, in my opinion, is the safer way to aproach this problem.

The goal of this iteration is to make an algorithm for generating a procedurally generated maze/labyrinth that our characters will be walking through. At first, a complete maze is the goal, and later on I plan on adding bigger rooms. The temporary result as of now can be viewed below (Run in Windows commandline).


No comments:

Post a Comment